Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Life-Changing Ice Cream

When I heard about the new Ben & Jerry's flavors Peanut Brittle and Boston Cream Pie, I remember thinking to myself, "Eh, they sound fine, but I'm in no rush to get a pint. They don't sound like life-changing ice creams to me."

Then I tried them. Peanut Brittle is about a million times better than I ever expected it to be and I highly recommend it, but Boston Cream Pie is over-the-top. It will change your life. Here's the breakdown:

1.) The main ice cream flavor is actually Boston Cream Pie- it's not just some vanilla or sweet cream ice cream with a bunch of mix-ins. It's SO much better than that. It's BOSTON CREAM PIE FLAVORED ICE CREAM!!!! Brilliant.
2.) The cake chunks are denser and chewier than the cake typically used in a real Boston Cream Pie. This is an improvement. Holy cow. They are they perfect consistency- any softer and they wouldn't stand up to the ice cream and any harder and they'd feel dried out and old. Instead they are perfectly chewy, perfectly moist, just perfect.
3.) The custard-y filling is soft as if it was in the cake, not in a freezer. How do they make it stay soft and not get all hard and frozen? I don't know how they do it, but it's completely AMAZING!!!

Put all of those together and you have LIFE CHANGING ICE CREAM. No joke. Try it, you'll see.

4 comments:

Closet said...

sounds amazing! I wish we could get it over here..

Fickle Cattle said...

Oh wow. I want!

ficklecattle.blogspot.com

Ellie said...

I dont know. Can anything beat Chunky Monkey? I will have to go try them. Thanks :)

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This makes me want ice cream for breakfast :)