Friday, September 5, 2008

Kohr Brothers Frozen Custard

Shop Name: Kohr Brothers Frozen Custard

Location: Park City Mall

Boo's Rating: 4 Screams

I was once again in the mall for work, and decided to sample another ice cream establishment while I was there. Kohr Brothers has a stand in the center of the mall, so as I walked from the JC Penney hall towards Boscov's, I stopped and sampled some of their frozen custard. As far as I know, the difference between ice cream and custard is the amount of eggs in the base. I could be wrong. Anyway, frozen custard usually has a consistency similar to soft serve, but it's a little more thick and rich. This particular custard stand had only a few flavor options and combinations. Solo flavors included chocolate, vanilla, orange sherbet and peanut butter. Twists included chocolate & vanilla, orange & vanilla (to make a creamsicle- yum!) and chocolate & peanut butter. I tasted a small sample of the orange sherbet and it was heavenly, but in true Boo form, I opted for a plain cone with a twist of chocolate & peanut butter. Maybe it's because I haven't had ice cream in a few weeks, but it was SO delicious that I wished I'd ordered a larger size. The flavors were perfectly balanced and the texture of the custard was rich and creamy. Yum. Overall, Kohr Brothers earned themselves a respectable 4 screams. I remember last fall (long before the start of my blog), I got a cup of their pumpkin spice custard. At the time, I think you could twist that flavor with a cinnamon custard, which I didn't opt to do. Their pumpkin custard was delicious then and I hope they bring it back this fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH THERE PUMPKIN CUSTARD!! WITH THE CINAMON TWIST! I HAVE BEEN WAITING ALL YEAR FOR IT TO COME BACK..WHERE IS IT!!??? *cries*